This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleSchoolDays #CollectiveBias
Firstly - I know it's still 90 degrees out there, but I promise Fall is coming! And so is back to school. Pumpkin everything is upon us and so is the season of busy!
Between our regular busy lives, co-op starting back up soon, and some at-home pre-schooling, we're booked. All the time. So, in needing to prepare for more time spent schooling and less time spent making food, I thought I'd start whipping up some favorite quick-grab foods, and stocking up on favorites as well, so as we're moving from thing to thing in our day, we don't have to worry about what we're going to make for breakfast or a snack.
Enter Pumpkin Granola. It's delicious, so very easy to make, takes only a few ingredients, and it goes with everything from yogurt, to milk, as a finger food from a jar, or even atop ice cream. This is family favorite in our house and has made an appearance for many an Autumn season.
Safeway is a great spot to get all your back to school shopping done and lucky for us, it's super close.
Next, it was down to making the granola. It's really as simple as mixing, pouring, oven-ing, stirring, cooling, folding, and eating.
Serves: 12+ | Temp: 350 | Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Libby's 100% Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Nestle Semisweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- In a stand mixer on low, or in a bowl with a spatula, mix together all ingredients except for the Chocolate Morsels and Dried Cranberries (keep those aside for later).
- Once thoroughly combined, spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring about every 10. (Watch those last 10 minutes! Don't let it burn!
- Once cooked, let cool completely.
- Fold in the dried cranberries and semisweet chocolate morsels.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
It's really the perfect back-to-school food because it goes great on yogurt in the morning, stores well as an addition to any Bento box, and even tops ice cream like a champ. And I especially like the addition of the semi-sweet chocolate because it gives it just that little twist of richness that we all need a little more of in our lives.
And don't forget - when you're looking for a special treat (maybe one to celebrate that first day of school?!), Nestle still has you covered with their classic cookie dough, ready to go when you are.
Tell me friends - what is your go-to keep in the pantry all the time, good for everything, snack? Anyone else love a little chocolate in their pumpkin granola? Anyone else really over summer and ready for cool temps and boots again?! Just me? Better not be!