Loaded Baked Salmon Sweet Potatoes
Confession? I don't love potatoes. Like russet potatoes. I mean, I like them in dishes and slathered with cheese or mashed with an inordinate amount of butter and sour cream. But I don't really like baked potatoes. Even loaded ones. But sweet potatoes? That's a whole different story. I would eat sweet potatoes every single day for the rest of my life. Roasted, grilled, mashed, stuffed, raw like an apple. Okay maybe not raw. But I'd try it if I wasn't afraid for my teeth.
The point here is that I love sweet potatoes. They're one of my favorite foods, among salmon, bacon, goat cheese, and peach pie. So I thought, why not combine them? Well not the peach pie... although now that I think about it....
Anyway.... I combined some of my favorite foods into an all-in-one meal that is freaking delicious, y'all. Like OMG. As for the ingredients, may I present the dream team: sweet potatoes baked to perfection, crumbled goat cheese, crisp bacon, flakey salmon, and some lightly onion-y chives to bring it all together.
It doesn't take much time as this can all be done in about 30 minutes from start to finish. Throw some greens on the side and voila you have a healthy, delicious, meal.
Also, let me apologize now for the photo overload of these potatoes. They were just so good that I can't help but share share share. My hope is that after seeing them this many times, you'll realize you need to make them. Like yesterday, because you do.
Loaded Baked Salmon Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 4 | Time: 30 Minutes | Temp: 425 Degrees
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, as uniform in size as possible
- 1 lb of Salmon Filet
- 2 Oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3-4 Tbsp Chives
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 Degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes, pierce with knife, and wrap in tea towels. Place in microwave and cook according to your microwave's settings. (You can totally do this in your oven but it takes a lot longer). When done, set aside to let cool sligtly.
- Season salmon lightly with salt and pepper, wrap in foil, place on baking sheet, and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until it flakes with a fork. When done, flake salmon and set aside.
- While the salmon and potatoes cook, chop bacon into pieces and fry until crispy. Set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, finely chop chives and crumble goat cheese if necessary. Set aside when done.
- When everything is done cooking, it's time for assembly. Please be careful with the sweet potatoes - they're going to let off a lot of steam. Don't burn yourself! To assemble: Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a fork, mix and mash flesh of the potato until fluffy, taking care to keep the skin in tact. Make an indent in the potato for filling. Fill with 1/4 of the cooked, flaked salmon, then top that with 1/4 of the goat cheese.
- Optional step: Set Potatoes with salmon and goat cheese under broiler until cheese is very soft, about a minute.
- Top with bacon and chives. Enjoy!
See? Super easy. And a half a potato is a lot of food - I promise. This is an awesome weeknight dinner food that doesn't feel like easy weeknight dinner food and our whole family loved it. I think I'll be making these a lot since they're so easy and I often have the ingredients on hand.
It's Friday, guys! Thank the lord for the freaking weekend!! It's supposed to be a beautiful one in the PNW so I'm going to soak up as much sunshine as humanly possible. Have a wonderful and safe weekend.