Keeping the Puppy Active with Purina Beyond
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RememberBeyond #CollectiveBias
And while Gatsby is considered a low-energy breed, it doesn't mean he's a fluffy carpet. It's really important, especially for giant breeds to keep moving and keep active. I mean - the same goes for us humans right? But we have twins, I own a business, hubs works full time - it's not always easy to work that time in every day for a long walk. But there are a few "hacks" we've come up with to make it easier:
- Assign days. Some days it's my job to make sure he gets a walk, others it's my hubs. That way we can make sure he's always walked but it's not on one person's shoulders to carve out the time.
- We do family walks. Our boys love going on walks along trails with Gatsby so it's fun to do it all together. I've been known, too, to strap his leash to the stroller and walk with all three of them at once.
- It doesn't have to be walking. Some days we play fetch (he plays soccer more than fetch, really), or he hangs outside with us while we do yard work. He likes to chase the boys around while they ride bikes or play in their little cars. After an hour of chasing, and switching between kids, he is tired (and so am I).
- Build it into the schedule. On days that it's my day to make sure Gatsby walks, I put it into my schedule. I make sure we get out to the park to walk him, I'll block out time after my hubs gets home from work to take him, or sometimes it's a matter of getting up early or going after bedtime but I intentionally write it down and think of it as an appointment.
- Change up location. I'll admit - dog walking around the same trail or park day in and day out can get a little boring. I change up parks a lot, change up our route, or sometimes go to a completely different setting. An outdoor mall or downtown area is just as good for a walk, and I like that it gives him a chance to work on meeting new people there too.
All in all I think it's just important to make your dog's health a lifestyle for him/her. Staying active and feeding real, quality, nutritious food like Purina Beyond is so so important to make sure they're happy and healthy for a long time.