Fall Harvest Banana Bread Muffins
Between all the house crazy and how stinking hot it was over the summer, I basically avoided my kitchen at all costs. But in true me fashion, Fall hit and I suddenly started making all the things. And my most favorite tried and true recipe of all time is my banana bread muffins.
These are SO fluffy yet slightly dense in the middle, filled with warmth from the spices, and topped with perfectly Fall-y things. I always double the batch to take some to friends and they rarely last more than a day or two after we've made them for breakfast, I've had one with my afternoon coffee, and the kids "needed" one after dinner. ;) Needless to say - they're a hit and I hope you love them.
Fall Harvest Banana Muffins
Makes: 12-15 Regular Sized Muffins | 8-9 Giant Muffins (shown in photos)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar (can also use brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup)
- 1/3 c. melted butter or coconut oil
For the topping: approximately 1 Tbsp per muffin of dried fruit, seeds, or nuts of your choosing. I used flax seeds and craisins here. Chopped walnuts and cherries are delicious. Pumpkin seeds, pecans, dried blueberries - all delicious. And one of my favorites (though kind of unexpected!) is already prepared granola. It's like a Streusel topping meets the dried fruit/nuts/seeds and it's deeelicious.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease your muffin tin. I like a jumbo muffin tin for muffins personally, but cupcake size will do just fine.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients with a whisk (or whisk attachment) until the batter is very smooth.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins until cups are 2/3 full. Top with toppings of choice and use the back of a spoon to gently tap them into the batter (don't submerge them, just adhere them so they stay on top).
- Bake for 27-30 minutes (for giant muffins) or 20-23 minutes (regular size) or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before enjoying or wrapping up and delivering.
And in case you were doubting whether these are kid tested/kid approved, I couldn't even finish shooting these before Jude got in on the action. (Not posed - for real... kid just loves these muffins)
And don't forget to Pin for Later for the next time you want to take a basket of goodies somewhere, or just really want muffins for breakfast (which for me is literally every day).
Talk soon! xoxo