Butter + Butternut
This may come as a surprise to you, so you may want to sit down.... but I love Fall. *shock* *gasp* *steps back in disbelief*
I do. I love it. Partly due to the food because between gourds, apples, and the fact that it's finally cool enough to turn on my stove, I'm in heaven over here. So as I was thinking of all the ways I could some of my favorite Fall foods (while also keeping it quick and toddler friendly), I came up with a really delicious recipe that I couldn't not share with you. It's full of Fall with butternut squash, chicken + apple sausage, parmesan cheese, and pasta, topped with an herbaceous butter sauce. Doesn't get better than that right?
This dish is covered in a super-oh-my-goodness-couldn't-be-easier brown butter sauce, topped with cheese, and filled with delicious Fall flavors. And its use of only two pans (one in the oven, one on the stove) means less clean up for you.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH BUTTERED NOODLES
Serves: 4-6 | Time: 30 Minutes | Temp: 425*
- 8 ounces pasta (I like farfalle)
- 12 Ounces Chicken Sausage, sliced (I used this already cooked chicken + apple sauce - a staple in our house!)
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed into about 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 Yellow onion, finely diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425*
- On a large cookie sheet, spread diced onion, squash, and sausage. Drizzle very lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Put in oven for 25 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, boil the 8 ounces of pasta in well salted water until al dente and set aside.
- In your pasta pot, melt the butter and add in the garlic, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until fragrant and butter starts to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add back in pasta and roasted veggies + sausage to oven. Stir to combine.
- Serve on bowl or platter and add grated cheese just over the top. Enjoy!
Happy Friday dears! I hope your weekend is amazing! xoxo