Today is my 23rd birthday! I thought to celebrate, I’d do a post alllll about me. Because let’s face it – I’m pretty freaking interesting.
I’m kidding. But, I do think there’s probably a lot about me you don’t know, so here’s 23 random facts about yours truly.
- I’m from Texas, and even though I’ve spent the majority of my life in Colorado, I’ll always identify myself as a Texan.
- I am the youngest of three kids. I have two brothers, the oldest of which is 11 years older than I am. We’re all pretty close and look a lot alike.
- My middle name is Michelle.
- My favorite color is pink. But I also love Gold, Orange, and Dark Teal. And gray. And black. And sometimes white. And Kelly green.
- I am a dog person. I don’t mind other people’s cats, but I don’t ever want one for myself. I’d probably have a dog compound if a certain husband (ahem) would let me.
- I have an irrational fear of Colossal Squid. Just looking at a picture of one gives me the creeps. Octopus don’t bother me, though.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. Fourth of July is my second favorite.
- I don’t have a favorite food, but my top five are probably (in no special order), Chicken and Waffles, Fajitas, Steak, Bacon, and Sweet Potatoes.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a lawyer/singer/teacher hybrid. Dream big, that’s what I sometimes say.
- Speaking of being a singer, I can sing. I can read music, too.
- I’m 5 feet, 7 inches tall.
- I have always wanted a hot pink Porsche Boxter with black leather seats and a license plate that said “Awesome.”
- The ocean is my happy place, by far.
- I didn’t ride in an airplane until I was 18.
- I want my own TV show where I just get to make hilarious commentary on my life, and other people’s lives. Because I think I’m funny. I doubt I’d even get past the Pilot.
- How I Met Your Mother is my favorite TV show of all time. I don’t have a favorite movie.
- My two favorite flowers are carnations and peonies.
- I hate Polka music. With a bleeding passion.
- I have an opinion on basically everything. Even if it’s slightly (sometimes completely) unfounded, I have an opinion about it all.
- I really want a pet Tiger. Tomas says no. I say, someone breed a teacup tiger so I can have one. And yes, I realize that would technically qualify me as having a cat. But it’s a Tiger and that’s different.
- My favorite cake is Strawberry cake, but my favorite dessert is pie. And Banana Pudding. Though, I wonder if whipped cream by the spoonful counts as dessert. Because that might change things.
- I consider myself a pretty decent cook, but I almost always screw up bacon. Any time we have bacon, Tomas makes it because I mess it up.
- The cleaning aisle gives me legitimate joy. I feel pure happiness and excitement in Bed Bath and Beyond surrounded by their cleaning tool selection.