Caprese Turkey Burgers
I'm all about tried and true flavors in new and different ways. We've done caprese chicken so many times I can't count, but as I was meal planning this week a little idea popped into my head - Caprese Turkey Burgers. I'm not saying this is revolutionary or anything, but it is delicious and super easy.
Basically, you take some finely chopped basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese...
Throw that into a pound of ground turkey, mix it together, then put it on the grill.
While those cook, make your tomato...erm...relish? Sauce? Tomato mixture. I'm not a chef. Anyway, combine chopped tomato, more freshly grated Parmesan, more basil, balsamic, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix it all together. Set it aside.
Then you just build your burger. I used kaiser rolls which was way better than regular burger buns would have been. Bun, lettuce, burger patty, slice of mozzarella, tomato relish (I think that's what Giada would call it, maybe?), bun. No extra condiments or veggies needed.
See? Super simple and they were DE-lish.
CAPRESE TURKEY BURGERS:
- 2/3 c. parmesan cheese, finely grated and divided in half
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, finely chopped and divided in half
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 globe tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- kaiser rolls, sliced for burgers
- sliced mozzarella
- romaine lettuce
- Take 1/3 c. parmesan cheese, and 1/4 c, basil, salt and pepper to taste, and gently mix it into the turkey. Form into 4 patties and grill or pan fry.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato mixture. Finely dice the tomato. Add the remaining basil, parmesan, balsamic, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To build the burger, place lettuce, burger patty, mozzarella, and relish on the kaiser roll. Then enjoy!
I loved this quick weeknight dinner. It was so delicious, and tasted so fresh, but didn't take much effort. I served roasted parmesan zucchini on the side and it was perfect.
Happy weekend, y'all!